Friday, January 2, 2009

Mandatory Awkward First Post

I have tried to do this blogging thing before... probably too many times to be proud of. I never fail to sort of putter out and the blog dies with all the honor and bravado of a raccoon attempting to cross the expressway. One of my New Years resolutions is to make this one different.

With that, let's get to know me, shall we?

My name is Jeney. That's not pronounced "genie" like in a bottle. It's "jenny" like 867-5309. To be honest it is supposed to be pronounced "ya-nay" like a French girl (who is really Slovak, not French at all). But you can just call me "Jen" if you want.

I grew up in a southern suburb of Chicago, IL but my family moved to Oak Creek, WI a week before I left for college my freshmen year. I never freakin' left Indiana when I graduated.

Another one of my New Years resolutions is to escape the Midwest.

I am recent proud owner of a Bachelor's Degree from Saint Mary's College of Notre Dame, IN. When I am not consumed by my post-graduate job as a sales and events manager, you can find yours truly reading something she failed to read for her High School lit classes or something that may indite her of being a nerd. I also love to cook for people and I am picking up competitive running again (another New Years resolution).

While I love what I do in my work, I know there is more out there for me. At this moment I am exploring graduate school for sports administration, another sales job in Sin City, or culinary school. (I am having a difficult time figuring out what I want to do when I grow up... about 8 months too late.)

I am not too sure what I am going to do with this blog. My plans are to document my trials in returning to my competitive running, book reviews, and other mundane things that will keep you enthralled in the subject that is Jeney like 867-5309-- but in actually more like French/Slovak Citizen.

This is already an entirely too long post. Happy reading!

0 comments: