Sunday, March 29, 2009

20 SB Meet-Up


Apparently my comment link was janked -- I apologize for that. You are now free to comment without error! (Thank you Sebastian!)

Now I need some advice...

The one blogging network I belong to, 20 Something Bloggers, is hosting a huge blogger meet up in Chicago this June. I would absolutely LOVE to go. I love Chicago. I love meeting new people. But so many things are stopping me.

To begin with, I'm not exactly a notable blogger. I'm not Ben, dshan, or David. Is it worth me making the trip if all I'll get is, "Who are you, exactly?" I don't know if this meet up is for nobodies like me.

On the unnecessary drama side of the argument -- I've actually even had people quasi-flame me on my 20SB profile page within the first week of joining the damn group. I don't even know this girl. Should I risk going to the meet up to have this done to my face? Doesn't exactly sound like a good time to me.

So what do you think? Should I suck it up and go? Or maybe wait for the next one to come around?

4 comments:

Learning As I Go said...

I think it sounds like fun. If we had one in Florida I would go.

Jen Kucsak said...

You should go! It's always fun to make new friends. Wish I could go - but I'm broke at the moment. So flying all the way to Chicago when I love in NYC for a blogger meetup is completely out of the question :) If it was in NYC I'd totally go!

Anonymous said...

I say go. If you can afford the trip and have the time to spare, most definitely go.

I would love to go and can afford to, but I all ready have things to do that weekend.

Like Jen said, it's always great to make new friends.

- Kendall from 20SB

Jeney Peney said...

@blondie @Jen Kucsak @theoddduckling

You guys are right... I should just do it.

And I think I will! :-)

Thanks for lighting the fire under my rear end!