Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm Just Sayin' - Divided we Lose

This weekend I was promoting my job’s big festival this summer at the spring football game for the local university. While I was dodging unattended toddlers sprinting at record breaking speed through the parking lot, I saw a gentleman wearing a t-shirt that read:

“Stop the Obamanation of the Nation. Go ND!”


Now – I don't typically get wound up over stuff like a t-shirt. After all, it is someone’s god-given right to have an opinion and purchase clothing. This time, though, I got pissed. It took all I had in me not to walk up to said “gentleman” and show him how much of a “lady” I can be.

Why did this fun-sized pack of fury get so wound up? Because President Obama is slated to speak at Notre Dame’s commencement ceremony this year and the Bishop of Indiana is publicly boycotting it.
::Gasp:: Whatever for?!
Because President Obama is pro-choice and this belief goes against the Catholic values of the university.

Duuude! (Can you call the Bishop “dude”?) -- The leader of the free freakin’ world is going to speak to the graduating class of 2009 at one of the most (supposedly) prestigious universities in our nation and you are BITCHING ABOUT IT! What the efffff?

I don’t care what color, race, ethnicity, religion, financial background, age, educational background, career path, family structure, sex, political views, favorite flavor of ice cream, cell phone network, gender, or sexual preferences you are/may have – if you are an American citizen, you better be rooting for this guy to win.

Because guess what? This is a team sport. If he loses – we all lose.

I’m just sayin’.

5 comments:

Just A Girl said...

Yeah why do people not get that? I would have loved for GWB to be successful because I don't want America to suck.

AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!

Or whatever.

victor eastwood said...

well said!

Jeney Peney said...

@Just a Girl Have I told you I loved you lately?

@Vic Thank you! I bought the Veer Union Album today -- btw. It rocks some major socks.

Learning As I Go said...

You go girl! I couldn't agree more! Well said!

Blondie said...

You go girl! I couldn't agree more! Well said!