Monday, October 19, 2009

Emotional Vomit

I am always the strong one.

I am the one who holds back tears so I don't look like the vulnerable one.

I am the one who pretends nothing happened so you have a solid, sturdy shoulder to cry on.

I am the one who makes sure you are okay before even thinking about how I feel.

I am the one who will pull you from the wreckage while I'm limping on my broken leg and bleeding from my abdomen.

I am the one who will look death in the face if it means you get to live.

I can't be that person this time.

I apologize for expelling my emotional crap all over your reader. But I can't hide behind my sarcasm and awful humor right now.

I can't be the strong one. I need to be allowed to be the weak one.

Just this once.

7 comments:

Ed said...

Wow. Such pain.

Mademoiselle Deva said...

I'm sorry you have to go through this. We can't be the strong one every day, every hour and every minute, sometimes you need to let go your emotions.

Hope you'll feel much better very soon.

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

sometimes it just feels good to let it all out. you are allowed to feel this way; just wish you didn't have reason to. :(

Organic Meatbag said...

So sorry Jenay... I have had that feeling myself many times in the past... sometimes we all need to be allowed to curl into a fetal position and turn the world off around us...

jenniferalaine said...

ME. TOO.

i'm here if you need anything :)

xo.

MrsMis said...

:( Hope you feel better

Mrs. Misadventure said...

:( Hope you feel better