Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Post It Note Tuesday: Fattie Gras



So today is Mardi Gras. A day of full Paczki's, colorful beads, boobies, and cakes with plastic figurines of babes in them.

But for those of you who are members of the Catholic Church, or as I like to call it - The Life of Eternal Guilt today is the last day before you attempt to give up something that you typically cannot go without for an entire 40 days of absolute hell to better yourself and bring you closer to your Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

Or something like that...

Today's Post It Note Tuesday will honor the top five things I will never try to give up again and the top five things I wish were acceptable enough to give up.

On the 'Never attempting to give up EVER AGAIN' list:



As for the 'My mother would give me the stank eye if I gave these up' list:


Happy Fat Tuesday Bitches!!

10 comments:

JB said...

Beerlympics also fits under the drinking category. Just sayin.

Heather said...

I love your list!!! Especially showering and shaving your legs.....I feel the same way. I could be doing something better with my time, like surfing the interwebs :-)

I wish I felt the same way about food haha

I think I'm giving up ice cream for Lent :-(

Zan said...

I love your list of things no one would want you to give up, and I totally agree with you about meat. At one time, cigarettes would have been on my list, but I did give those up last March and I've been a raging, eats-everything-not-nailed-down bitch ever since. But at least I have an excuse.

MJenks said...

Go with my old stand-bys: abstinence and sobriety.

Mandy said...

i always give up smoking because i don't smoke. i do great every year.

Learning As I Go said...

Your post cracked me up!!! I couldn't give up the drinking either..St Patrick's Day is my birthday plus Im irish..that's just a sin to give it up.

I'll give up saving money..I suck at it anyways..ha ha

carissa said...

LOVES IT!!! I could def give up winter though... And maybe meat 1 day a week... and perhaps chewing on pens,... but only for a second

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

Not giving up things is so much more fun.

I'm not giving up running late everysingleday.

Blogs said...

Same here....tried to have another drink besides coffee this morn...couldn't happen! Must have. Funny you mention burrito's. We haven't had them in forever.....and we happen to have a Walmart grocery store across the street from us that has those long ass burrito's...we got like ten of em' last week.....yum! With hot sauce and ranch dressing!:) I can prob go 2 days without shaving and then I get annoyed! Giving things up is not that easy.

MJenks said...

Go with my old stand-bys: abstinence and sobriety.