Monday, July 27, 2009

Just a lost soul... seriously.

As I mentioned before, I recently started a new job.

In Fargo, North Dakota. (I know... absurd. Just go with me here.)

So after a 12 hour drive, brats and beer in Madison, Edward (new GPS) making me look like a retarded driver, and a sore ass bone later -- I moved into my new one bedroom apartment.

In Fargo, North Dakota. (Shut up.)

Grant it, I did move out of my parent's house when I was 18 and left for college. I was also technically "on my own" for a year before I moved in my my old roommates. However, there was always a friend I could bum a ride with to save gas or a family friend to invite a starving single 20-something over for dinner. Just SOMEBODY. Now, I'm all alone.

In Fargo, North Dakota. (Damnit all.)

Upon starting my new job, I discovered that I will not be receiving my first paycheck until August 15th. This leaves me with $85.47 to live off of for the next three weeks.

My TV set is sitting on a storage bin and I am using folding chairs as "couches". I also have nothing but jelly, hot dogs, and milk in my fridge. My cabinets? Coffee and peanut butter. I am officially living "on my own" for the first time in my life.

In Fargo, North Dakota. (FML.)

4 comments:

Learning As I Go said...

I feel you girl. I have never lived on my own and I am doing it now. Hopefully things will get better. Bring out the Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. It is cheap and will fill you up. Hang in there!

Progressive Momma said...

Things will get better- you'll meet some new friends and feel more at home in Fargo, North Dakota.

I hope you at least like your new job...

Just A Girl said...

It would have to be a hell of a job to get me to Fargo so I really hope it is. And don't underestimate the power of casually mentioning that you're starving to your mom. Or dad. Whoever is more sympathetic. :)

Jeney Peney said...

@ Blondie PB&Js are definitely a staple for me right now! I sure would kill for a cheeseburger, though...

@Dani I know it'll get better -- I just hope it's sooner rather than later. And I am totally digging my new job!

@Just a Girl While it's not exactly working for Donald Trump, the job is much, MUCH better than the old one. I pretty much get to run things the way I want rather than getting runned (ran? whatever.) Sympathy is a very powerful tool. I plan on using it until it turns into annoyance. :-)