Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tattoos-Day : Thicker than Water

Ink #8: Family

Design: Five Shooting Stars from bra-line to panty-line

Location: Right Ribcage

When: Summer ’08 – After Graduation

Pain Scale: Nine out of ten

Artist: Joey Drada

Story:

This piece is the largest piece on my body and I plan on expanding on it. There are five shooting stars and each one represents a member of my family. Each star has the initials of the person inside and I chose their colors as I see each of them.

Blue is for my Mom because she is always strong and true – like the sea and the sky.

Orange is for my Dad because he can always find a way to laugh at a situation, no matter how grim or upsetting it may be.

Pink is for me… because I like pink.

Purple is for the older of my two brothers because he had recently come out of the closet and this was my very small way of showing him I support him (I did a larger one later… you’ll see that next week).

Green is for my youngest brother because no matter how old he gets, he will always be that little snot of a twelve year old in my head.

When I have children, I plan on adding moons with their initials into the design.

8 comments:

justjp said...

I know those are for your family, but its hot!

carissajaded said...

That's cute! I've been playing with ideas for other star tatoos. So far the only tatoo I have is stars on my foot...

Ed said...

Nice tat.

Move your hand up a little, I think your blocking that top star.

hehe

Jeney Peney said...

@JP Knowing my family, they wouldn't want it any other way. You really know how to make a girl blush, JP!

@carissajaded I love stars! Three of my tattoos have stars in them.

@Ed Haha! I had quite a time trying to take this one without exposing anything...

Mandy said...

LOVE this! i should get 5 green stars for my snotty ass younger siblings. :p

Jeney Peney said...

@GingerMandy Holy crap! Five?! You are a far stronger woman than I...

Svaha said...

My last ink was on the side of my rib cage. I would give that an 11 out of 10 on the pain scale. I knew it was going to hurt more than my others but after about three hours I couldn't believe how much it hurt. The artist was basically just inking over a solid bruise at that point.

Svaha said...

My last ink was on the side of my rib cage. I would give that an 11 out of 10 on the pain scale. I knew it was going to hurt more than my others but after about three hours I couldn't believe how much it hurt. The artist was basically just inking over a solid bruise at that point.