Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm Just Sayin' - Freak-outs, Football, and Friends

So as I said yesterday, I had an absolutely shit-tacular couple of days last week which started with Sparky giving me the old heave-ho. Considering he was my first relationship in five years and I actually kind of liked him, I went all “woe-is-me-stupid-girl-why-didn’t-someone-smack-my-face-off” on everyone. Sorry about that...

This is my apology dance.

Then I remembered we had only dated for a couple months. After that I realized that I’m a beautiful, smart, not at all funny girl and there is no reason for me to be crying over a boy.

I meant beautiful in the "only a mother could love this face" kinda way.

So I drove twelve hours to my old stomping ground to spend time with some of the greatest people on this earth… and watch the Irish finally break the Boston College streak.

Too bad the Bears decided to take it up the rear on Sunday.

Although the drive was monstrous whore and I'm still exhausted and single I couldn’t have asked for a better weekend. How could I wish all that free booze around?

I really do have the greatest friends a girl could want.

I'm just sayin'.

11 comments:

jenniferalaine said...

Boys don't ever appreciate us enough.

Their loss right?

Glad you had a great weekend :)

Just A Girl said...

Boys are overrated. Also, they kind of suck. But beers and football and friends do not suck so that's good.

MJenks said...

I'm assuming that the guy on the left is NOT one of my former students, but, damn, he looks like one of my former students.

Could be the whole 'everyone at Notre Dame has the same haircut' thing, though.

Jeney Peney said...

@jenniferalaine I completely agree!

@JAG SO overrated. I'm totally over them. Good thing I'm open minded.

@mjenks That is absolutely hysterical that you said that because we always tell him he is such a typical Domer. Looks, actions, everything.

Ed said...

Makes me sad. I haven't been to a game since we played Stanford about 5 yrs ago. I think. Anyway, it's really sad cause I only live 2 1/2 hours away.

carissajaded said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! and worrying about boys is such a waste of time. Easier said than done I suppose.

Jeney Peney said...

@carissajaded You are correct, my dear. You would think after 24 years I would know that, right? :-P

J said...

Wasn't that the most craptastic game you've ever seen (The Bears game?) UGH!

Amy said...

Aw, Jeney. I love that your sense of humor never dampens even through this shiteous time. I think your wit intimidated him. Hope things turn up soon.

Amy said...

Aw, Jeney. I love that your sense of humor never dampens even through this shiteous time. I think your wit intimidated him. Hope things turn up soon.

jenniferalaine said...

Boys don't ever appreciate us enough.

Their loss right?

Glad you had a great weekend :)