Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tattoos-day: Too Bad I Wasn't on TV...

Ink #7: What’s your sign?

Design: Libra symbol with Roman numeral tens on either side

Location: Left Wrist

When: January, 2008, Senior Year of College

Pain Scale: Two out of Ten

Artist: Miami Ink Artist

Story:

I got this tattoo while I was a manager for the Notre Dame Swim and Dive team. We went to Miami for our training trip and a few of the girls talked me into going to the famed Miami Ink to get a tattoo. It is, to this day, the smallest and most expensive ink on my body.

Although I do not live and die by astrology and zodiac superstitions, I do take pride in the fact that I am a typical Libra. I thrive on balance in my life. I am sociable, self-indulgent, easy going, diplomatic, and ever-changing. I also just need to say that Libras are the only inanimate of the zodiac. (AKA – we’re all badasses)

I also happen to have been born in the best month ever, Rock-tober, on the best day ever, the tenth. Hence I have the ultimate Libran birth date, 10/10. Couldn’t ask for more balance than that! So on either side of my balanced symbol, I have my balanced birth date.

5 comments:

Kendall said...

I would get some type of arm tattoo except for the fact that I'm a teacher and that is a no-no.

MJenks said...

That's pretty cool. I like that.

I could do that with my birthday, but it wouldn't be nearly as cool. It'd be XII Capricorn Symbol XXII.

Jeney Peney said...

@Odd Duck I had that problem for a while, too. Nice thing about this one is that it's the perfect size to hide under my watch! ;-)

@mjenks It's not bad looking. But you're right... not as cool as mine :-)

jenniferalaine said...

Oooh I love this! I'm a perfect virgo -- like, it describes me EXACTLY, so i've always thought about getting the virgo zodiac sign but i'm not sure where i would put it... my left wrist is already taken so I'm still thinking!

The Odd Duck said...

I would get some type of arm tattoo except for the fact that I'm a teacher and that is a no-no.