Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Lessons Learned

Well, I have spent the last three weeks or so failing at blogging completely in every way shape and form in Orlando playing with comic book characters, living in my apartment sans roommates, and spending time with these batshit crazy people they say are my family.

Let me tell you, it's been a ride. After a combined 34 hours of driving, 17 inches of snow in Fargo, 12 hours sitting in an airport, 8 hours of flying, 6 inches of snow in Milwaukee, 4 extra pounds I gained from eating my face off, and a ridiculous teddy bear in jester garb my grandmother gave me for Christmas* -- I am back in effin' North Dakota till March. Nothing beats coming home from Florida to wind chill advisories or having to dig your garage out from behind a foot of snow after driving 9 hours.

I must say, though, I have learned quite a few valuable lessons from my inexcusable absence from the blogosphere adventures.

  • Bar hopping with your parents in a theme park is the greatest bonding experience you will ever partake in.
  • I apparently have gained the "NoDak" accent. (Shoot me)
  • People actually do read this blog and do get upset when I go so long without updating it. (Love you "Big, Broad Shouldered Awesomeness" and Vic!)
  • Apparently the sign that reads, "Slow moving vehicles stay in right lane" actually means if you are driving at or below the speed limit you should become a left-lane bandit.
  • My youngest brother gives a whole new meaning to "dead asleep".
  • Calling your mother out on squirting Reddi Whip directly into her mouth and stating that "I wasn't allowed to do that when I was a kid!" is not a valid argument.
  • I never should have moved to North Dakota.

In other news, congrats to the 20SB Bootlegger Finalists! Especially LiLu, Ben, Derek, Doniree, David, Maxie, and Courtney! Good luck!


* It didn't fit in my trunk. It's still buckled in my backseat until I figure out what to do with him.

4 comments:

Ed said...

I wondered what the eff happened to you.

Organic Meatbag said...

awwww...glad you had a good time with the family...good to have you back :)

rachaelgking said...

"Calling your mother out on squirting Reddi Whip directly into her mouth and stating that "I wasn't allowed to do that when I was a kid!" is not a valid argument."

Maybe not... but it's a valid argument for stealing the can from her and then doing it yourself.

Thanks for the shout out, hon! ;-)

LiLu said...

"Calling your mother out on squirting Reddi Whip directly into her mouth and stating that "I wasn't allowed to do that when I was a kid!" is not a valid argument."

Maybe not... but it's a valid argument for stealing the can from her and then doing it yourself.

Thanks for the shout out, hon! ;-)