Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Super Bowl Shenanigans

So I hosted my first ever Super Bowl party at mi casa this past Sunday. What I thought would be a fun little get together with some close friends turned into a Jeney-drank-way-more-than-she-should-have-and made-a-complete-ass-out-of-herself kind of night.

Anyone surprised?

No?

Me either.

Exhibit A:

I was one of about two and half people actually rooting for the Saints. Most of the people who attended my party were actually Vikings fans and felt a bitter hatred towards the team that thwarted poor, old man Favre from retiring* with another Super Bowl ring. So everyone else was rooting for Manning and the boys in blue.

Voice of God was one of them.

As a result of the game not going exactly the way he wanted, Voice of God kept walking out of the apartment to roam the hallways cursing. Every time he did this I locked the door because I'm an obnoxious little shit because I thought it was funny.

Voice of God did not agree with my sense of humor.

Voice of God Skools Jeney from Jeney Anderson on Vimeo.



This was after the fourth time I had locked him out.

After about the eighth or ninth time I locked him out, he felt the only proper punishment was to throw me over his shoulders helicopter style and began to spin me around like I was a rag doll.

I, being as intoxicated as I was, clutched to Voice of God with everything I had in me hoping and praying that I wouldn't hit my head on the wall/vomit/fall off him mid-spin.

Awful, terrible, bad idea, folks.

Once he stopped spinning and started to let me down, my Vulcan death grip on his shoulders caused all 290 lbs of him to start tipping over as well. This left him with two options. Neither of which would end well for me...

1) Continue tipping over with my momentum and fall on top of me risking the possibility of breaking my arm, cracking my ribs, and/or snapping my neck.

2) Just dropping me and hoping I don't land on something crucial.

Well, kiddos. Voice of God decided to drop me six feet and four inches on to our hard, cold, poorly carpeted floor.

Luckily, I only landed square and directly on my noggin rather than on some other more important body part like my hip or shoulder.

I woke up Monday morning with a headache that would have crippled Sasquatch and I still can't wash my hair without wincing.

Exhibit B:

There is no long, entertaining story behind this one. I simply danced like a damn fool when the clock hit 0:00 and the Saints had a larger number in their score box. I have no idea if this behavior was caused by Coors Light or my quasi-not-really concussion.

Dancin' Like a Fool from Jeney Anderson on Vimeo.



The moral of this story, kids, is that one should not lock one's very large, strong, and irate roommate out of the apartment. One should especially not do this repeatedly. You'll end up ass over elbows.

And celebrating a win like you ride the short bus when there are cameras around isn't such a good idea either.

* SIKE!

6 comments:

Kendall said...

A few things, it scares me how much Voice of God sounds like me.

2) My roommate should learn not to lock her housemate out while drunk.

3) I probably would have enjoyed the game much more had I been in Fargo apparently.

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

You are tinyspice, skinny mini.

Those vids were so funny! I loved you "we won" dance, except for the part where I hated it cause I'm a Colts fan. :)

Ed said...

As a Season ticket holding Colts Fan, it is now my job to hate you.

Sorry, that's what the clause on the back of the tickets say.

Dominick Bonny said...

Haha. That first vid is hilarious! What did you use to record? A flip cam? I've been thinking about embedding short vids like this in my posts as well. Have you been doing it long?

Anonymous said...

1. I still yell ahhh! every time I read or hear the word noggin (ahhh!) because it was our word of our lifetime sophomore year.

2. Today, when I was driving home from work I put Kelly in and listened to Beautiful Disaster as loud as I could like we used to back in the day and it was amazing!

Dominick Bonny said...

Haha. That first vid is hilarious! What did you use to record? A flip cam? I've been thinking about embedding short vids like this in my posts as well. Have you been doing it long?