Friday, January 23, 2009

Remind me what to do before I'm dead...

Yes – I have been neglecting my blogging duties.

No – I don’t have an excuse you would care about.

Deal with it.

Honestly though, it’s been pretty rough lately in the little world of Jeney. My oh-so-fantastic job hosts a huge festival in the summer. We started the planning stages the past couple weeks in full force. Unfortunately, I was not ready for that monstrous round kick to my face. So rather than spend my time blogging I have either been taking out my frustrations on unsuspecting treadmills or curled in a ball on my bed trying to avoid developing ulcers or a nervous twitches in my eye.

Not that you care about that. Time for my real post:

It may be sort of lame, cliché, and kind of Walk to Remember-ish, but I have a to-do list for my life. It keeps me grounded and it helps me to focus on what is really important. After all, I’m never going to make it out alive. I want to live my short life to the fullest. I do not want my final thought or words to be a ‘Shoulda-woulda-coulda’ one.

I started the list when I was a junior in high school and it has gotten quite extensive over time. I’ve actually crossed off a few things in the years as well (get published, get a tattoo… or nine). I want to share with you some of the things I have yet to do and are the most important to me. I’m not a big fan of the term “bucket list”, so I’ll call this my “toilet-bowl” list.

Learn to swing dance. I have always loved swing dancing. I know a few moves and I can bullshit my way through it if I have to. But I want to really swing dance. The whole thrown in the air, spinning, whipping around just seems so exhilarating and too much fun not to learn. Once I have the funds, I’m totally signing up for classes.

Sky dive. Yea, so everyone has this on his or her list. I don’t care. I’m completely unoriginal anyway. I’m kind of an adrenaline junkie – it’s my kind of drug. I don’t need to snort or shoot anything up. Adrenaline does it for me. I know free falling to the earth from impossible heights would be simply amazing.

Learn to play the drums. I attempted – and failed – to learn how to play the guitar in junior high. I also cannot sing to save my life. Or yours. I feel these are signs that the drums are my true calling. Besides, dudes dig chick drummers.

Use my passport. The only borders I have ever crossed were state lines. I have never traveled outside of the U.S. – not even Canada or Mexico. I have the damn thing – I want to use it!

There are more, but I want to keep those to myself for now. What about you? What do you want to do with your life before you get flushed?

0 comments: