Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tattoos-day!

I have wanted to write about my ever-growing collection of ink since I started this little blog of mine because, let’s face it, that’s a lot of material I don’t have to think up and glamour to make my little life sound interesting.

So now I present to you, Tattoos-days! For the next eleven weeks (that’s damn near three months, people) I will show you one piece of art that proves I am, in fact, a badass.

You should feel privileged, really. Usually this becomes a game of “what stupid shit can Jeney get this person to do to see her tattoos?"

***

Ink #1; The Tramp Stamp

Design: Soccer ball surrounded by pink flower petals

Location: Center, Lower back

When: 18th Birthday present

Artist: Mr. Max

The Story:

I would like to preface this by informing you that when I did get this done, "Tramp Stamp" was not at all a coined term. So shove it.

When I turned 18, my mother took me to get my first tattoo as a birthday present. This was it. A great artist by the name of Mr. Max had the honor of popping my tattoo cherry. He did one other piece of mine and has done all of Little Shit’s and a few of my moms. He works out of Prairie Tattoo in Chicago Heights, Il.

As for the design, I actually was a grass fairy from the time I was six until I failed at trying out for my collegiate team. Although I did not play for as long as I would have liked, I still love the game and I always will. In fact, I thoroughly intend on forcing my kids to play so I can be an SUV driving soccer mom.

As for the flower part, I was inspired to do this by one of my old camp coaches. She had a similar tattoo on her ankle, but the petals were yellow. I like pink better. Simple as that.

Please excuse the poor quality. I had to take these pictures myself using ninja-like skill and a mirror.

9 comments:

Organic Meatbag said...

Your skills with using a camera backwards are honorable... hehehehe!

MJenks said...

Yeesh. Chicago Heights is kind of sketchy. Not nearly as bad as neighboring Ford Heights. But then again, I've not hit nearly as many people standing in the middle of the road in Ford Heights.

JennyMac said...

It does look good. Artsy and athletic all in one.

And the tramp stamp phrase cracks me up.

Learning As I Go said...

I love the tattoo. Did it hurt to have it there? I want another one but not sure where to put it.

Heather said...

Where would you suggest I get another tattoo?

Jeney Peney said...

@Organic Why thank you! It took some serious creativty to get the right angles.

@mjenks Chicago Heights is kind of sketchy, but that seems to be happening to all of the so. suburbs. I grew up in Park Forest and it's just not the same anymore.

@JennyMac Thanks, darlin!

@Blondie You changed your blog! I thought I lost you! That place is a but painful, but it was worth it. They all are ;-)

@Heather Ohh! I don't know, I have so many favorite areas. I'm a big fan of the top of your foot or your ribcage. Both are kind of painful, but really neat area.

Cole said...

Ninja's are awesome! 11 tats... nice work! My mom has more tats than me! Seriously!

Helen said...

Wow, mad nnja skills there! It's pretty! Ive always been scared to get a tattoo because I have the attantion span of a 2-year old and I know I'd get tired of it... and the idea of wrinkle distortion...

Yours is pretty though!

Cole said...

Ninja's are awesome! 11 tats... nice work! My mom has more tats than me! Seriously!