Monday, September 7, 2009

This Post is Brought to You By Attention Deficit Disorder

It just so happens to be a glorious Monday morning on Labor Day Weekend in Fargo, North Dakota. People everywhere are waking up in strange beds, praying to porcelain Gods, and curing their hangovers with Bloody Mary's and Natty Light shot-guns.

Me?

I'm working. Because ONE of my teams (out of six) is practicing today. FML.

So what is a girl to do when she is bitter about laboring on Labor Day? Blog about pointless rubbish, of course!

For the past month or so, I have wanted to watch Clone High soooooo bad I would probably do something illegal or publicly embarrassing to get my hands on the season on DVD. It just so happens that I lost all of my illegally downloaded episodes when I got the new laptop. ::cue sad, puppy dog face::

Wait - what did you say? You've never heard of Clone High?



Well, I think Wikipedia sums it up best:

Clone High is set in a high school that is secretly being run as an elaborate military experiment orchestrated by a government office called the Secret Board of Shadowy Figures. The school is entirely populated by clones of famous historical figures that have been created and raised with the intent of having their various strengths and abilities harnessed by the United States military. The principal of the high school, Cinnamon J. Scudworth, has his own plans for the clones, and secretly tries to undermine the wishes of the Board (Scudworth wants to use the clones to create a clone-themed amusement park, dubbed "Cloney Island", his intentions with the clones being decidedly less evil than those of the Board). He is assisted by his robot/vice principal/dehumidifier Mr. Butlertron (a parody of Mr. Belvedere), who is programmed to call everyone "Wesley" (a reference to one of the main characters in Mr. Belvedere).

It's from the creators of Scrubs and most of the characters from that show do the voices. It is insanely hysterical and a damn shame that they only had one season. Seriously - go check it out.

I will leave you with one of my favorite scenes from my favorite episode:



In other news:

The wonderful Deva over at Always Carried Away has given me an award!

Thanks, babe! ;-)

I know it is terrible and probably a blogging cardinal sin, but I simply cannot pass it along today. I am far too tired, irritated, and hungover to do so. So, I will chose award recipients and post them tomorrow when I don't hate life so much.

3 comments:

Helen said...

awww, feel better! I LOVE clone high! I'd actually forgotten about it until now, an dnow I want to go and rewatch it all!

JennyMac said...

Hope you are feeling rested! Congrats on your award.

JennyMac said...

Hope you are feeling rested! Congrats on your award.