Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tattoos-day: In Joy and Sorrow

Ink #6: Both Sides of the Force

Design: Heartagram

Location: Left Ribcage

When: Summer before senior year of college

Pain Scale: Eight out of ten

Artist: Jason Woolley

Story:

If any of you saw this and immediately thought, “OMGZ! Bam Margera! Ahhh!!!111! one!!” you can take my blog off your reader because you are dead to me.

One of my all-time favorite bands is one called HIM. They are from Finland and have a style they like to call ‘love metal’; which the lead singer, Ville Valo, describes as “being fist-fucked with a velvet glove.” (He’s so eloquent…)

Anywho, this is the official symbol of the band. According to Wikipedia:

  • “ The heartagram is the trademarked symbol of HIM, created by Ville Valo the day of his twentieth birthday. Valo has said that ‘the heartagram stands for HIM as a band, as an entity, and for 'love metal' in general.’ … Ville Valo has allowed his close friend, Jackass star, actor, and professional skateboarder, Bam Margera to share the license on the heartagram image and Margera has accordingly used it for his promotional purposes, including using it on his Adio shoes and Element skateboards. Because of the shared license, the symbol is often thought to belong solely to Margera.”
The symbol itself is like a new-age Ying and Yang. The pentagram is evil, pain, suffering, hate, etc. The heart is good, pleasure, love, etc. Just like Ying and Yang, it is a symbol of balance.
Being a libra, I love balance. Being a huge HIM fan, I love this symbol.

But being a purist, I effin’ hate the term ‘Bamagram’.

7 comments:

Carissajaded said...

That's pretty bad ass. A lot more badass-ier than the Tragedy and Comedy masks that I've been wanting but my friends won't let me get.

HIM is an awesome band.

Mandy said...

i love HIM and i love this tattoo. now that i find out you're inked, i am going to stalk the rest of your posts to see more. i am dying for a half sleeve and possibly a chest plate. one day... :)

also, not sure if you read him already, but JP does a "foxy friday" where he posts hot tattooed chicks who would like to show off their ink. preeeeetty sure you qualify, yea, you totally do, so check him out at www.justjp.wordpress.com

:)

Mandy said...

aaaand i just talked to JP and he said you've already been a friday fox and "where have i been." oops. haha. well at least now you know i think you're a fox too.

Jeney Peney said...

@Carissajaded It's your tattoo and your body... not your friends'. Don't let em talk you out of something you want... that is true bad-assness ;-)

@GingerMandy I think I love you. Just sayin'. I don't have the muscle definition for a sleeve or the breast size for anything on my chest... but I do want to eventually have my whole back done. We shall see! :-)

jenniferalaine said...

ooooh I love this one! I have a tattoo on my wrist and now I want more!

MJenks said...

I don't even know what a Bamagram is. Can I still come around?

I like the eloquent description of HIM. I might have to try and check them out.

GingerMandy said...

i love HIM and i love this tattoo. now that i find out you're inked, i am going to stalk the rest of your posts to see more. i am dying for a half sleeve and possibly a chest plate. one day... :)

also, not sure if you read him already, but JP does a "foxy friday" where he posts hot tattooed chicks who would like to show off their ink. preeeeetty sure you qualify, yea, you totally do, so check him out at www.justjp.wordpress.com

:)