Saturday, January 9, 2010

Shou-tizzle to the Out-sizzle!

I am sorry if this sounds cheesy... but I love every single one of you that is reading this right now.

I honestly do not tell my readers how much I appreciate you nearly enough. Regardless of what us bloggers say, we are all narcissistic assholes and none of us really write for ourselves. We write so other people can read the poppycock we spew out. And, damnit, I love you for it. Really. I do.

(Stop looking at me like that. I do have feelings, you know.)

Anywhat, I have a special mention to give to a special reader...

My freshmen year of college I lived in a quad. For those of you who need a translation... that means I shared one room with three other girls. I eventually had five different roommates throughout my four years in undergrad. I learned a very valuable lesson, too; I do not live with girls well at all.

I had my share of ups and downs with all five of these women, of course. However, one roommate in particular has always held a special place in my heart as the one and only college roommate that I never had a falling out with; we like to call her Peach.

(Side note... You know she thought I was a black lesbian before she met me?)

Well, Peach sent me a text message last night that read... verbatim, "hi im drunk. My friend Bowdisha* says she stalks your blog and she wants a shoutout."

Well, Bowdisha, here is your official Just a Lost Soul Swimmin' in a Fish Bowl Shout Out!


But, really... thank you all for stroking my ego reading! I think you all are rock stars!

* Ladies and gentlemen: the story you just read is true. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

5 comments:

bowdisha said...

Yay!!! This has completely made my day :) I apologize for being a creep, I blame it on being friends with Peach.

KMV said...

I had quite the list of roommates in college too! thanks for writing and keeping us all entertained :)

Jeney Peney said...

@bowdisha You never, EVER have to apologize for being a creep (or Peach's friend for that matter ;-P)

@k.mead Haha, we should share stories someday! ;-) Thank you!!

Ed said...

Nothing like giving love to the stalker friend of a drunk friend.

Makes me wish I had friends.

Anonymous said...

I def got a text yesterday that said, "Woop Woop! I just got a shout out in Jeney's blog!!!!