Thursday, January 7, 2010

TMI Thursday - The time my "boyfriend" hid in a drawer

It's that time of the week again! TMI Thursdays... if my own story doesn't quench your thirst for inappropriateness, go check out the rest of them at Liv It, Luv It.

TMI Thursday

Disclaimer: I have had a few new followers to this blog that know me personally… but may not know the TMIT side of Jeney quite yet. So read on if you guys dare wish, but I am warning you that this may not be something you necessarily want to know.

On with it!

**

So recently my roommate’s boyfriend moved in with us due to some personal problems he was having at his old place. Despite the initial “Woah, woah, woah. Woah!” reaction I had at first, it is turning out to be an awesomely fantastical arrangement. As a matter of fact, he makes a mean macaroni and cheese that I would probably turn down sex for. He also knows how to make some kick-ass sweet tea. And did I mention he takes the garbage out for us?

The only real downside to my newest roommate is his voice. He has one of those deep, booming, voice-of-god type tones that I can hear through my bedroom wall regardless of how quiet he is trying to be. This, of course, makes sleeping a little difficult.

So after a few nights of sleeping under my pillow, a couple more of sleeping backwards on my bed, and a $20 sound machine later we decided the best way to solve this issue was to flip my room around.

Now, I have one beast of a bed. It’s the kind with a mother fucker of a headboard and drawers underneath the mattress rather than a box spring. We actually had to completely disassemble the thing just to put it on the opposite wall. (I am also burning it before I have to move it to another place.)

Before we started taking the bed apart to move it, I suddenly remembered that the um… ::ahem:: new toy I bought myself for my birthday was in one of the drawers under my mattress. Upon realizing this, I stealthily jumped across my bed, whipped open the drawer, and shoved it under some clothes all before BDubz and the new roomie walked in. Whew! Awkward moment averted.

Or so I thought… it wouldn’t be a real TMI Thursday if I did in fact avoid an embarrassing and altogether uncomfortable situation, now would it?

I swear to all that is holy, I never cease to amaze myself. While my own “boyfriend” and all his accessories were safely hidden among my running tights and argyle socks, the packaging he came in that I had completely forgot to throw away was in the next drawer over all by its lonesome self... in all of the Hottie McSugartits package model glory for everyone to see.

All I can say in my defense is at least BDubz hasn’t had to flip her room around because of… ::ahem:: my “boyfriend”.

14 comments:

carissajaded said...

hahaha I lost a vibrator due to a similar situation!! But it was my dad who was coming in to move my bed... and instead of trying to hide it, I just tossed it in the trash. I still miss him!

MJenks said...

Battery-Operated Boyfriends AND argyle socks are a steamy mixture.

I assume that they're two great tastes that taste great together (figuratively).

Jeney Peney said...

@carissa That is a damn, damn shame! When's your birthday? I may have to amend this for you...

@mjenks You have NO idea. Nothing can compare. :-P

Ed said...

We're gonna need pictures of this Boyfriend of yours.

rachaelgking said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Could be worse. Could've been your mom.

Not that that happened to my bff, or anything...

Jeney Peney said...

@Ed Haha! I'll post a link for ya ;-) (When I'm not at work.)

@LiLu Oh boy. That would have been awful.

P said...

Hahaha! I posted a TMI a month or so ago about realising that while my roommate had been in my room my vibrator had been merrily vibrating away in my drawer.

Yours is worse.

I feel sooo much better now. :)

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

Tee-hee.

Reminds me when hubs and I bought our house, and friends helped move us from our apartment.

I carried my "boyfriend" to my new home in my purse.

Got drunk. Forgot it was there. Etc.

Cass said...

Came over here from LiLu's links and this made me giggle. I've been there when moving and every time I freak out that someone's gonna move the wrong box. I label that with an ** and hide it in another box (car alarm) because there've been too many close calls.

Kendall said...

I don't know why my GReader hates your blog but this shit is uncool.

I ordered my first ever sex toy today so I'm pretty sure I'll plenty of TMI fodder in the weeks to come from that decision.

Amy said...

Oh noooooooo! The packaging is probably the worst part!

Amy said...

Oh noooooooo! The packaging is probably the worst part!

Cass said...

Came over here from LiLu's links and this made me giggle. I've been there when moving and every time I freak out that someone's gonna move the wrong box. I label that with an ** and hide it in another box (car alarm) because there've been too many close calls.

carissajaded said...

hahaha I lost a vibrator due to a similar situation!! But it was my dad who was coming in to move my bed... and instead of trying to hide it, I just tossed it in the trash. I still miss him!